[plt-scheme] DrScheme tool development practices

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (spdegabrielle at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 17 11:15:51 EDT 2008

Thanks Will,Robby,Grant, Noel,Carl;

Do I have this right?
-=-
;source code repository directory, say $HOME/code/foo
planet link [dev-id] foo.plt 1 4 $HOME/code/foo
 ;remembering to update the package numbering to the new number so DrScheme
doesn't default to the old one.

; the development loop [edit/compile/test] now only requires the compilation
step
setup-plt -P [dev-id] foo.plt 1 4   ; or mzc if finer control of the
compilation process is required?
;; -D as well to disable scribble rebuilding and reindexing.
[I'm assuming sake can be used here if your compiliation needs are not met
by setup-plt or mzc]
; run your tests or restart DrScheme if your package is a plugin/tool.

; when ready to release; (use
sake<http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=sake.plt&owner=schematics>to
automate this? )
planet unlink [dev-id] foo.plt 1 4  ;; remove the link
planet create foo ;; create foo.plt file for test installation  [Will - is
there a reason to compile a temporary copy?]
planet fileinject [dev-id] foo.plt 1 4  ;; install for testing

;run foo-tests:
(require (planet [dev-id]/foo:1:4/run-tests)) ;
sake<http://planet.plt-scheme.org/display.ss?package=sake.plt&owner=schematics>action:test?
 or Restart DrScheme if it's a plugin/tool.

upload foo.plt to PLaneT (and test again)

-=-

Thanks for all your help,

If I have this right can I put it on trac? (seems a better place than the
cookbook)

stephen