[plt-scheme] DrScheme tool development practices

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 17 10:08:46 EDT 2008

You don't need to link/unlink, or planet create.  Just planet link
once, and use setup-plt -P <name> <package.plt> <major> <minor> to
rebuild each time you update your code.  Give it -D as well to disable
scribble rebuilding and reindexing.  Then planet create when you are
ready to distribute, and upload the file to Planet.  You should
probably unlink and fileinject to test the file before releasing, but
you don't need to unlink, relink, or create from scratch while
developing.

--Carl

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Stephen De Gabrielle
<spdegabrielle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do I have devlinks right?
>
> I know you haven't used this yourself, but what do you think;
> - do I drop my planet fileinject/remove steps, and to replace with  planet
> link/unlink?
> or
> -  do I just link once and recompile with 'planet create .' every time I
> restart drscheme to test my tools progress?
>
> It makes me think I might be better off just creating a hard-link in
> collects/  at the os level, and just recompiling with setup-plt -l
> 'collect-name' restart DrScheme everytime I need to restart (deleting the
> bytecode if things go badly)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stephen

Posted on the users mailing list.