[plt-scheme] Re: [redex] Alternative to named holes

From: robby at cs.uchicago.edu (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 16 14:18:02 EDT 2008

They were removed because all of the (non-trivial) uses of them we
know of were broken, in the sense that any language that used them
also had the property that they triggered the "zero/multiple holes"
error, for some expression in the language. Also, all of those uses
could be rewritten to fix the error but also to remove the use if
multiple holes.

If you're not sure how to rewrite out the named holes, send me
something and I can probably help.

Robby

On 9/16/08, Ronald Garcia <garcia at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I am looking at upgrading a project to use the version of PLT Redex
> that ships with PLT Scheme v4.1, but I am using named holes and I
> noticed that named holes have been removed from the system.  First,
> why were they removed? Second, are there any standard or suggested
> workarounds for their absence?
>
> Thanks,
> ron

Posted on the users mailing list.