[plt-scheme] errotrace in 4.0?

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 14 20:57:20 EDT 2008

Eli Barzilay wrote:
> On Sep 14, Jon Rafkind wrote:

> Going back to this, it doesn't run your code because you specify a
> flag to load errortrace, but no flag to load your code.  Your code is
> loaded only if you specify only configuration options before your
> file, and `-l' is not a configuration option.  But in any case, I
> missed the fact that you want the profiler.

Oh *rolls eyes*. Regardless of whether I wanted the profiler I need to
do something like

mzscheme -l errortrace -f somefile.ss

And if I want the profiler then I should really do

mzscheme -f top-level.ss

where top-level.ss doesn't have #lang scheme and does the work of
require'ing errortrace and turning profiling information on.

That would be nice to put in the quick start guide. Anyway, thanks for
setting me straight.
>> Ok, so maybe if I run a repl it will work
>> $ mzscheme
>>  > (require errortrace)
>>  > (require "x.ss")
>>
>> Same output as before.
>>

> Right -- this is because, as the docs say, "Errortrace?s profiling
> instrumentation is #f by default".
>
> You need to begin mzscheme and load errortrace like you did here, or
> by running "mz -il errortrace", then turn on profiling, then load &
> run your code:

Yea, I should have realized that I had to do (profiling-enabled #t).

Posted on the users mailing list.