[plt-scheme] Square braces in MrEd

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Sun Sep 14 13:49:02 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 12:43 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:
>> Oh, and the automatic adjusting of the proper closing paren is handy.
>
> I tried to document everything that I think is handy in this post:
>
> http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/article/139/working-with-drscheme-372

I know that Emacs is *the* standard for editing Lisp (I'm not an Emacs
power-user, so I'm basing this on observations and discussion), but
DrScheme actually provides a lot of really good functionality, and I'm
fairly picky coming from IntelliJ Idea (if you do Java you know what I
mean, Idea is the *the* programmers IDE for Java, everything else is
basically dissapointing).

Calling DrScheme an Emacs competitor would be an insult to DrScheme. I
know that DrScheme is a pedagogic tool, but it is also a pretty good
IDE.

What *would* DrScheme look like if everyone who used it cut over to
DrScheme %100 of the time?

Posted on the users mailing list.