[plt-scheme] Applying DRY in macros

From: Dan Prager (danprager at optusnet.com.au)
Date: Sun Sep 14 06:09:22 EDT 2008

Noel and especially Jens

Thanks for your replies.  I agree that Jens's solution succeeds in
demonstrating a
'magic' approach using syntax-case, albeit at the cost of increasing
complexity.

Noel's point that you cannot 'or' patterns in syntax-rules[case] excludes
another
idea for eliminating the repetition.

Another possibility, creating a macro-generating macro to allow for briefer
'magic' definitions
or to permit the or-ing patterns are certainly beyond me and I imagine that
neither is an easy task.
I take it that Jens's comment about 'explicit transfer' in his solution
connotes that 'implicit transfer'
could not be easily achieved.

As to whether the repeated sexp (for list as element body ...) constitutes
repetition,
I would say that it is certainly a textual duplicate!

Thanks again

Dan

Posted on the users mailing list.