[plt-scheme] Tables in Scribblings

From: Grant Rettke (grettke at acm.org)
Date: Fri Sep 12 20:11:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:

>> > I was sort of expecting the documentation to have everything you
>> > would need to know to do %80 of your tasks in one or two
>> > pages. Instead there is a lot of material, but it isn't obvious
>> > (to me) where to look or where to start. I was excited to see
>> > Scribble when it came out; but quickly found that I just "didn't
>> > get it". I assumed it was too powerful for what I wanted to do
>> > with it, which basically amounts to what one wants to do with
>> > HTML. The best place I have to figure things out is to look at the
>> > source code for the documentation.
>> >
>> > Sometimes obvious operations seem confusing, so people post about
>> > them and knowledgeable folks answer so quickly that I feel like it
>> > must be confusing to you guys why people don't get it! :)
>>
>> I think Eli was asking more specifically about documentation for the
>> "@" reader syntax,
>
> (Yes.)
>

>> but your point is well taken.  It will take us a while to refine
>> Scribble into something that meets our documentation needs, is easy
>> to use, and has good documentation for itself.
>
> One more thing that I want to add: if by "what one wants to do with
> HTML" you mean that you want to

I was thinking of something like when I went to use Scribble,
basically I wanted to know about the HTML equivelant of:

- Header Sizes
- Font Formatting
- Text Structure
- How to add special characters like @

I suspect that those features along with things that are already
documented compose most of what people use; but lack of understanding
of how Scribble was supposed to be used made me feel like someone who
understood it would write something up. I wanted to see how things
panned out basically.

Posted on the users mailing list.