[plt-scheme] Re: test-coverage and colorblindness

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 12 18:01:41 EDT 2008

Thanks. There is no way to change it, except by editing the source
code and recompiling. It is not difficult to do. Around line 1000 in
plt/collects/drscheme/private/debug.ss, you'll find the string
"firebrick". Replace it with "maroon" and I think things will be
better. You should probably run setup-plt after that (but I don't
think it is, strictly speaking, necessary).

I've made this change in SVN, so it should be better in future versions.

Here's a screenshot so you can see how it looks:

  http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~robby/tmp/new-colors.png

As far as "never ... with only color" goes, that seems too difficult
to me. I've tried to instead feed drscheme into various color
blindness filters from time to time to see how it looks and tried to
work with that. (One problem with the bold suggestion: bold letter are
not reliably the same width as their non-bold counterparts, even in
so-called 'monospaced' fonts.)

Anyways, if those colors aren't good, please let me know!

Thanks,
Robby