[plt-scheme] Simple IDE questions: multi-file projects

From: Eric Tanter (etanter at dcc.uchile.cl)
Date: Mon Sep 8 18:41:28 EDT 2008

> The short answer is that modules may have macros and other things that
> affect the compilation of those that require them, so cycles are just
> disallowed.

Ok I understand that. Would be nice if I could say (or even better, if
the system could figure out --fairly straightforward I guess) that a
module is a "plain standard definitions module" so that these issues
don't show up.

> You might try using units inside your files

ok, will look at what this other kind of beast is...

> (or just refactoring ...)

I understand this idea, but does not always work. I have an
interpreter and a transport layer, I want them to be separate modules,
but one needs to call the other, and vice-versa. Can't help it. And I
can imagine tons of similar cases...

-- Éric

Posted on the users mailing list.