[plt-scheme] planet: help submitting bugs & a question

From: Neil Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Tue Sep 2 09:13:30 EDT 2008

That sounds like a neat usability/quality feature.

Will it also drive home another dynamic of contracts?  I might be
misunderstanding, but, if code in package B accepts invalid input from
package A and passes it through to package C, will the developer of
package B then be getting annoying bug reports until s/he adds contracts
to put the blame on package A (or input checks to error-out before a
contract violation happens)?

Regarding whether DrScheme anonymously submitting bug reports on
contract violations reports raises privacy or sensitive-information
issues, I think in some cases it would.  I think there should definitely
be user confirmation in the loop on each such submission.  This is
mostly a matter of principle regarding PLT, since I doubt anyone's
dotcom will be scooped or marriage ruined because someone else noticed
suspicious patterns in contract violations.  However, pervasively
handling info privacy/security well is a good practice, and might even
occasionally pose an important question relevant to PLT research.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/