[plt-scheme] access from an uncertified context to unexported variable from module

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 29 14:19:00 EDT 2008

At Wed, 29 Oct 2008 18:14:21 +0100, Jens Axel Soegaard wrote:
> I am trying to eliminate the following error:
>
>   compile: access from an uncertified context to unexported variable
> from module:
>   "/Applications/PLT Scheme Full
> v4.1.0.3/collects/srfi/42/extra-generators.scm" in: indices->list
>
> Error messages says indices->list is unexported, but it is in fact
> provided from the module
> in which it is defined.

Is that different from the one in SVN? In the SVN version,
`indices->list' doesn't seem to be exported.

I assume that something takes apart the `:do'. In the SVN version of
SRFI 42, I also see that "expansion.scm" defines an expander that
parallels the normal macro expander. The expander in "expansion.scm"
should probably manage certificates, just the the usual expander. Also,
that management should treat `:do' as transparent for certificates, so
that it can be pulled apart without forcing `indices->list' to be
exported. An example alternate expander is in `scheme/private/for'
(naturally), which does that sort of thing for its own `:do-in'.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.