[plt-scheme] Re: Multiple file syntactic test suite coverage

From: Derick Eddington (derick.eddington at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 28 19:18:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 16:22 -0700, Derick Eddington wrote:
> I really like DrScheme's "syntactic test suite coverage" feature.  As
> far as I know (I'm using 4.1.1.1-svn11oct2008), it does not work across
> multiple files.  I'd like to request it be made to work across multiple
> files, similar to what the debugger does of asking if it should include
> files that are open.  I'd especially like this so I can run my unit test
> programs and see what they've covered in the module they test.  I
> imagine other people would find this useful as well.

I realized you can run a library/module in a DrScheme buffer, with the
syntactic test suite coverage enabled for the language mode, and then in
the interactions window, which evaluates in the environment of being
inside the library/module, you can paste the entire unit test program
(minus any R6RS import form (I don't know about require forms)) into one
(begin ---) and then execute this giant begin expression, and when it's
done, the syntactic coverage is updated showing what the test program
covered :)  You have to temporarily add to the imports of the library
any imports of the test program not already imported by the library so
that the pasted-in program has the things it needs.  I haven't yet done
this with all my test programs, but it seems to work pretty good :)

--
: Derick