[plt-scheme] Proxying the PLT web server?

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Thu Oct 23 02:21:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:18:59 -0700
YC <yinso.chen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have done such a setup.  The effort isn't in getting PLT to work,
> rather it's in getting mod_proxy to work correctly.

Glad to hear that I'm not alone :)

> You likely need to do some URL munging, and for that you'll also need
> mod_proxy_html.

The best solution would be the PLT server outputting URLs that point to
Apache rather than itself, so URL munging wouldn't be neccessary. Has
anyone ever tried it?

>    A tutorial on using Apache+SSL as PLT
> Frontend<http://schemecookbook.org/Cookbook/HttpsWebservering>
>    -
>    mod_proxy_html <http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/> - Home
> to mod_proxy_html that can be used for in page link translation
>    -
>    Reverse Proxy Tutorial
> <http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies>- An older tutorial
> on how to setup
>    mod_proxy as a reverse proxy
>    -
>    ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypassreversecookiedomain>-
> The directive to ensure cookie also works across proxy calls
>    -
>    Installing mod_proxy_html
> <http://www.excalibur-partners.com/archives/6>

Thanks for all these links, I'll read through and try to set it up in
the afternoon.

> Also read up about selinux to ensure that your apache server can
> access network...

Debian Etch does not currently enforce any SELinux profiles, so that
should be safe. :)

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.