[plt-scheme] Proxying the PLT web server?

From: Marek Kubica (marek at xivilization.net)
Date: Wed Oct 22 19:02:20 EDT 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 00:56:07 +0200
Marek Kubica <marek at xivilization.net> wrote:

> I'm planning to write an application using the PLT web server, that
> will be run behind an Apache server which takes care about SSL client
> certificate authentifaction and puts the user name into the
> REMOTE_USER variable.

I picture says more then a hundred words. Even if it's ASCII.

User's browser (with a client certificate and uername bob)

Apache (gets the HTTPS request)

mod_ssl (verifies the certificate against the CA, sets REMOTE_USER to
bob)

mod_headers (sets some HTTP request header to the value of REMOTE_USER)

mod_proxy (forwards the modified request via HTTP internally)

PLT web server (accesses the user name from the header and runs app)

My question is whether the PLT web server can handle something like
this.

regards,
Marek

Posted on the users mailing list.