[plt-scheme] DrScheme colors

From: Jakub Piotr Cłapa (jpc-ml at zenburn.net)
Date: Wed Oct 22 14:23:42 EDT 2008

Since there seems to be some kind of wishlist ;] going I thought I could
share my 2 cents about colors.

I've recently switched to a Zenburn[1] like (dark) color scheme for
DrScheme and apart from the big contrast between the text and the GUI
controls (which would be quite hard to fix) there are some things I
would love to see improved:

1. You can't change the text background (which is a nice thing for
paren-matching and errors/comments/todos).
2. The selection and error background colors can't be changed.
3. Keywords and parenthesis share the same highlight color.

Thanks for the great tool and keep up good work. :)

[1] http://slinky.imukuppi.org/zenburn/

PS. Do you like the design of the editor framework in MrEd? It is quite
difficult to understand (especially since there is no guide about their
usage) and I have a feeling that the editing problem could be solved
easier. I'm curious what's your view on this, since you've implemented
quite a lot using the editor framework. With hindsight, are there things
you would have done differently?

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa