[plt-scheme] Re: adventure game code ported to PLT 4 ?

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Mon Oct 20 08:45:42 EDT 2008

On Oct 20, 2008, at 4:12 AM, Noel Welsh wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 3:24 AM, Fred G. Martin <fredm at cs.uml.edu>
> wrote:
>> Well, this was actually pretty easy, with one exception... the
>> "show" procedure.
>>
>> It seems to use MIT Scheme-specific features (environment->package,
>> fluid-let, environment-bindings)... Is this portable to PLT?
>
> Look at namespaces and parameters for the PLT equivalent (well,
> nearest match).

Its probably going to need more than that; it looks to me like that
selectors like procedure-environment are extracting the lexical
environment that procedure objects are closed over.  Namespaces model
global environments; I do not know if PLT has anything for reifying
the local bindings.

However, it also looks to me like the show procedure may only be there
for, mmm, "debugging" purposes?  (Or at least for easy interactive
inspection of "object" structure at the REPL; the point is, show is
not called from game.scm or world.scm...)

Or are we talking about a different adventure game code than the one at:

   http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/psets/ps6/readme.html

-Felix

Posted on the users mailing list.