[plt-scheme] using Scheme Boxes to embed data in attributes withitn XML Boxes

From: Stephen De Gabrielle (spdegabrielle at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 06:58:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just found this behaviour;

using Scheme Boxes to embed data in attributes within XML Boxes causes an error

Module Language: invalid module text
read-char: non-character in an unsupported context, from port:
#<input-port:unsaved-editor26102>

I understand that "These expressions are evaluated and their contents
are placed into the containing XML box's xexpr."
and that the quotes around the expression value that the scheme box is
embedded into are the cause.

Does anyone have a simple way around the problem? Can I 'escape' my
way out of this?

Cheers,

Stephen

---

#lang scheme
(require xml)

(let ((astring "daasda" ))
    {xml-box}<path d="M {scheme-box}astring{/scheme-box}" > s</path>{/xml-box}
    )

Posted on the users mailing list.