[plt-scheme] Re: Scheme workshop survey

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 18 22:58:14 EDT 2008

> Third, Sri, yes, that car don't run, but I program in Scheme to avoid bus
> errors, not car errors.

Perfect.

But you do get the general point, right?  You're just playing obtuse
on the Internets?

> Fourth, Matthew, yes, we will take this to comp.lang.scheme.

For now, this seems like a perfectly good venue: this is a PLT
question because --

> Finally, Matthias again, is PLT just a cunning plan to cripple the next
> generation of programmers in the US? That is, and here I am serious, if
> Wadler is right and Scheme hopelessly confuses beginning programmers, why
> did you decide to teach programming using Scheme?

-- because (as Robby said in his Zen-like fashion), we don't teach
Scheme: we teach DrScheme Beginning Student (at the beginning).

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.