[plt-scheme] WXME Decoding Error

From: Eric Domeshek (domeshek at stottlerhenke.com)
Date: Tue Oct 14 13:40:09 EDT 2008

Robby Findler wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM, Eric Domeshek
> <domeshek at stottlerhenke.com> wrote:
>
>> 1- I also found the Finder chapter, and have calls to set up
>> finder:default-extension and finder:default-filters.  However, these seem to
>> only affect the Save/Save-As dialogs.  The Open dialog still comes up with
>> "Any" as its only filter.  Is there a comparably simple way to set default
>> filters on that dialog as well?
>>

> I recommend you just call the mred-level dialogs, instead of the
> framework ones. The framework ones are legacy code now -- most (all?)
> of the functionality is now at the mred layer.

Interesting...  Is the whole Framework now considered deprecated legacy
code, or just its file dialogs?  I was using the Framework in an attempt
to get a lot of basic functionality taken care of quickly.  In
particular, I liked that it gave me all the basic menus with mostly
sensible versions of their actions.  Is the recommendation that I use
the Framework menus and the method file-menu:open-callback in order to
set up a variant of handler:open-file that uses the GUI-level get-file
and then calls "handler:edit-file to open the file, once the user has
chosen it."?

>> 2- After my now (mostly) successful file load, I'm still getting the
>> following error message:
>>
>>> send: no such method: set-position for class: eer-pasteboard%
>>>
>> Based on searching the docs, this method seems to be associated with
>> scroll-event%s and text% editors.  So maybe there's somewhere else in the
>> framework that is still expecting a text% object?  Any thoughts on what else
>> I might have overlooked as a PLT GUI newbie?
>>

> This could easily be a bug in the framework. Do you get a stack trace?
> Or perhaps do you have a small program that reproduces the problem?

I'm not getting much of a useful error-report / stack-trace, which may
be because of some try/catch forms I've got wrapped in various places.
I'll probably come back to this one another day, either to try to get a
better trace and/or to build a simplified case...

>> 4- One final info-access style question: What is the right way to figure out
>> the directory from which a module is being loaded?  My problem here is that
>> I want my custom editor app to use some custom icons, so I've got an icons
>> sub-directory beneath the directory that holds my code, but I don't know how
>> to establish dynamically the directory that the code is loading from.  This
>> seems like there must be a simple straightforward call.
>>

> I think you want define-runtime-path.

Thanks.  I think I've got that working now.

> Robb
--Eric

Posted on the users mailing list.