[plt-scheme] How best to use PLaneT?

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 10 08:59:06 EDT 2008

I'm not sure this is really planet-specific, so much as it is a fact
of life when writing programs that use other's programs that are
changing over time. Planet does its best to help you avoid such
problems with its versioning policy, but there is only so much it can
do. One of the things we've been thinking about along these lines is
including test suites in planet packages and then running them as the
package is downloaded, refusing to install the package if the tests
fail (as they probably would have in the cases you describe below).
That's still a little while off, tho.

In the meantime, I suggest that you first test before you deploy
updates to at least avoid some of the frustration.

Sorry,
Robby