[plt-scheme] hint for debugging file navigator freezing bug in DrScheme 4.1.1, english, on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Oct 9 23:42:42 EDT 2008

On Oct 10, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:

> Previously, discussion of this bug had led to the hypothesis that
> perhaps it had been caused by Windows itself as a result of
> navigating through local folders on a networked computer.

That still sounds like the most likely option -- the save dialog on
Windows is the standard Windows dialog, and while the dialog is up,
there is no Scheme code that does anything with it.

Now, it might be that things are setup in a way that causes such
delays.  But to be able to start debugging it, we need some practical
way to recreate the problem.