[plt-scheme] Re: ARM support

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Oct 6 21:02:10 EDT 2008

On Oct  6, Deep wrote:
> The Scheme2Java compiler is great news.
> Having said that - I wanted to return to my original question - is ARM
> a supported platform for DrScheme ?  If not are the changes to port
> DrScheme to ARM trivial ? I searched the board for ARM but the only
> posts that come up talk about a broken libffi arm port.

There was one case where we tried a full build on an ARM machine,
IIRC, it was one that had an Ubuntu installation.  There were no
problems with the build and everything went fine (but the full build
took a really long time to build -- several hours I think).  The only
problem in the tests were in passing some particular set of arguments
to a foreign function, something that looked like an alignment issue.
But the system as a whole should be usable.

If anything, you might have problems due to the OS that you're using,
unless it is some variant of a known OS.