[plt-scheme] Re: apply vs dot notation syntax

From: Woodhouse Gregory (gregory.woodhouse at gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 5 13:23:04 EDT 2008

When I first read about keyword arguments, I pretty much expected
that I'd have to jump through some hoops to use them (e.g., declaring
them in a separate module), but the Guide suggests that you can just
use them as in

 > (define (f #:foo a #:bar b)
     (- a b))
 > (f #:foo 8 #:bar 9)
-1

That's a bit unnerving, at least at first blush. I guess I need to do
some more reading.

I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.