[plt-scheme] Re: PLT R6RS questions and answers

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (sk at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 27 12:04:44 EST 2008

 > Probably my unwillingness is related to a low Scheme experience.

Then I suggest getting more Scheme experience.  That will tell you
whether Scheme implementations are up to *YOUR* needs or not.

Like Noel, I too have built applications and, more importantly, staked
my only meaningful currency -- my reputation -- on them (and even made
a little money -- though not personally, rather the money has been
diverted to fund research -- from them).  It worked well enough for me
when I began in 2002, and continues to be even more so now.  But my
uses are almost certainly different from your uses.

Also, there are papers that document some of these applications.  I'm
sure you could find them with a little effort (or even just trawling
the archives of this list).  None of these are research, study, or
game applications.

If you don't want to read, don't want to search, and don't want to
program, then I think there's nothing further to discuss.

Shriram

Posted on the users mailing list.