Fw: [plt-scheme] Mutable and immutable pairs in PLT Scheme

From: Jos Koot (jos.koot at telefonica.net)
Date: Wed Nov 26 15:15:12 EST 2008

I should add that I have severeal PLT implementations of SRFI-41. My latest
one does not use mutable pairs, but it deviates from the standard
implementation by streams not being a distinct data type. I have asked
private advice from someone I trust, on whether not this would be an a good
idea.. I await his answer before deciding whether or not presenting it to
this list. I also have an implementation that fully conforms to the standard
SRFI 41 document, but it requires a generalizarion of PLT's implementation
of SRFI 45 (which would include `define-promise-type' and  which I have
prepared too, of course, and shall distribute if the PLT community is
interested) I am not reluctant too distribute my code, but on the other hand
I don't wish to spoil this mailing list with yet another idea of how to
implement SRFI 45 or SRFI 41. Particularly SRFI 45 is a delicate piece of
code, which should not be replaced by code that cannot fully be trusted. Oh
yes, I trust my code, but would you?
Jos