[plt-scheme] Application with Scheme Language

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 11:32:07 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 2:16 PM, Geoffrey S. Knauth <geoff at knauth.org> wrote:

> Thanks Jay!  Now my only wish is that ISPs that people choose before they
> see me made it easier to use alternatives to Perl / Python / Ruby.  The
> situation is better than before, but these days I have to buy time on a
> virtual dedicated host completely under my control to set up PLT-based web
> servers.  If someone tells me, "use this ISP," I feel stuck.  Or, is there
> another way?

There are two aspects to this:

1. Finding Scheme hosting
2. Widespread availability of Scheme hosting

The current best answer to 1 is the VM, as you've found.  Sometimes I
think Untyped should offer hosting, until I remember we're trying to
make money.

For 2 remember that you don't have to host all of a site at the same
host.  You can easily call out to dynamic services hosted elsewhere.

N.

Posted on the users mailing list.