[plt-scheme] a single module split across several files

From: Carl Eastlund (cce at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 21 18:38:50 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:05 PM, John Clements
<clements at brinckerhoff.org> wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Woodhouse Gregory wrote:
>> It's not just size, either. Applications should be broken up into cohesive
>> units (err.... modules).
> Okay, but no one's addressing his circular dependency question.
> I'm by no means the voice of authority here, but there are at least two
> solutions to the circular dependency problem:
> 1) Units (search help desk), and
> 2) faking it using mutation.
> John Clements

In 6,000 lines, I'd bet there's also some non-recursive modules that
can be factored out first before even tackling the circularity issue.
It may be possible to sidestep that problem and still reduce overall
file size.

Carl Eastlund

Posted on the users mailing list.