[plt-scheme] Binary tree traversal, infix breadth first order

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 19 21:15:48 EST 2008

Let's see

On Nov 18, 2008, at 11:16 AM, Derk wrote:

> hi,
> I want to make a function that walks through a tree in infix order and
> in breath first order. I have made a function that uses depth first
> order, but breadth first is more difficult I think.
>
> The tree is represented in the following way: ’( (b) a ( ((f) d (g)) c
> (() e (h)) ) ). The function should then return ’(a b c d e f g h)

Let's see. From what you have told us so far, there is a
straightforward solution:

;; Tree -> [Listof Symbol]
;; return elements of tree in infix order
(define (infix t)
   (cond
     [(equal? '((b) a ( ((f) d (g)) c (() e (h)))) t) '(a b c d e f g
h)]
     [else (error 'infix "tree expected, given ~e\n" t)]))

As you can see, I have added documentation and quasi-header like
you'd do in other languages.

Is this enough?