[plt-scheme] R5RS is totally useless for PLT, and I presume that R6RS is, also.

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 19 21:03:54 EST 2008

In case you missed it, Matthew Flatt wrote a blog post about his
experience converting out (approx) 500,000 lines of Scheme code from
using mutable pairs to immutable pairs. (It was easy.) I don't know if
your code follows ours, but if it doesn't, I'm sure we'd all be
interested to get a boiled down version of the problem so we can learn
more about it.

http://blog.plt-scheme.org/2007/11/getting-rid-of-set-car-and-set-cdr.html

But Eli's solution might be the right thing in the short term -- if
you have a clearly marked boundary where pairs are mutated, then it is
pretty easy to just put some copying layers around it -- this at least
lets you get started so that you can figure out where you stand and if
eliminating the mutation is worth the effort.

In the meantime, you might consider directing some of your anger at
your ISP for changing your deployment environment without adequate
warning. (Altho if you pay attention around here, you were well
warned.)

Robby