[plt-scheme] Look at it differently: Why PLT?

From: Eduardo Bellani (ebellani at gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 14:43:14 EST 2008

> 4. PLT Scheme is vital.

The community looks (at least from the outside) interested in building
stuff, not just preserving
what they see as sacred pillars, there are up to date documentation
and people seem nicer
to outsiders.
For example, I took a look at comp.lang.lisp and saw a lot of people getting
consciously hostile to other people who are obviously beginners, but
were asking perfectly
valid questions, which frankly drove me away very fast.
Here I've yet to see that, and I think that is very much related to do
with your point.
My 2 cents.

Hugs
--
Eduardo Bellani

www.cnxs.com.br

"What is hateful to you, do not to your fellow men. That is the entire
Law; all the rest is commentary." The Talmud

Posted on the users mailing list.