[plt-scheme] Look at it differently: Why PLT?

From: Dimitris Vyzovitis (vyzo at media.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 19 14:01:03 EST 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008, Greg Woodhouse wrote:

> That being said, everyone on this list is using, or at least interested in
> using, PLT Scheme. Why? I suspect everyone will have their own answers, but
> here are some of mine:

For me macros and the module system is the real killer feature of
plt. The module system, apart from the nice abstraction facilities, makes
it is trivial to change the language to better suite your needs. The macro
system, especially with the excellent expansion time primitives makes it
easy to write little languages. The two combine to give plt great
expressive power.

I wish r6rs had a feature like #lang and some better expansion time
support (syntax-local-value anyone?); it would be a lot easier to port
code.

-- vyzo

Posted on the users mailing list.