[plt-scheme] Re: Is R6RS useless for PLT?

From: Ernie Smith (esmith at acanac.net)
Date: Tue Nov 18 17:27:38 EST 2008

Matthias Felleisen wrote:

> Please read my reply. I address this point specifically
> and we are actively working on a strategy. -- Matthias

I could find no reply which made any reference to a strategy
actively being worked on.

I did find a reply which I'll summarize as follows:

  Use R6Rs as a bridge.  Port from  PLT to R6Rs, then from R6Rs to other
  (e.g. Gambit) But don't worry about that bridge until you come to it.

It sounds a bit scary to me. And I challenge the notion that most
working programmers aren't porting programmers. I think we all are,
ipso facto.  By virtue of continuing to work, we port.

I'm more inclined towards something along the lines of the reply  Aziz
posted. Thanks Aziz.  I think with PLT the module language is the
addiction that is worrisome, RnRs won't be helping much there.

I would surely like to learn more about that strategy actively being
worked on you mention.

Posted on the users mailing list.