[plt-scheme] Re: Is R6RS useless for PLT?

From: Ivanyi Peter (pivanyi at freemail.hu)
Date: Tue Nov 18 14:43:04 EST 2008

Just to "chip" in. I have this problem for a long
time. I have ported my graphical application from Guile to
Bigloo and now to PLT. Well, now is already a couple of years
ago, but I am still very happy with PLT. Thanks for all the
work. :-)
I also wanted to mention that I use Scheme for industry, so
this is also possible, of course not in the scale of Java or

Abdulaziz Ghuloum <aghuloum at cs.indiana.edu> írta:

> 3. Eat your cake and have it too: Isolate the parts of your
> code that use implementation-specific extensions from the rest
> of your code, and keep your main code base platform
> independent.

That is also what I do, but ...

> (e.g., a portable GTK over the pipe interface).  It's doable
> and it's not that hard; it just takes some discipline.

yes, you need strong discipline :-) and sometimes to give up
certain features.

Best regards,

Peter Ivanyi

AEG-ELECTROLUX mosogatógépek &#8211; mosógépek &#8211; tűzhelyek - hűtők akár 5 ÉV kiterjesztett GARANCIÁVAL!

Több száz VIDEÓ termékbemutató &#8211; ORSZÁGOS házhozszállítás &#8211; RENDELJ online az AEGshop.hu-tól!

Posted on the users mailing list.