Google Android (Was: [plt-scheme] ARM support)

From: Andrew Reilly (andrew-scheme at areilly.bpc-users.org)
Date: Mon Nov 17 01:12:52 EST 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:27:54AM -0400, Neil Van Dyke wrote:
> For me to move to a Scheme-like language that can't reuse our Scheme
> library investment would seem masochistic.
>
> I'd be fine with a Scheme that had all of R5RS except for "call/cc" and
> mutability of strings.

Not wanting to take anything away from PLT 2jvm efforts (go PLT!), doesn't
the bigloo scheme still have a java byte-code back-end?  I've never used it
(and the only time I've ever used bigloo was for the skribe text processor,
so ymmv).  BTW, it looks like Manuel Serano is doing interesting things with
scheme->javascript now: see Hop.

Cheers,

Andrew

Posted on the users mailing list.