[plt-scheme] Papers on criticism of Scheme?

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 3 11:12:28 EST 2008

On Nov 3, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:

> I have used Helium in my course.  It's a nice start, and like
> DrScheme, also an incubator for some research.  But it still has a
> long way to go.  Programming environments don't, in general, seem to
> be in the DNA of the functional community.

I used Helium a little (in conjunction with Shriram's book) in a 4th-
semester "Principles of Programming Languages" course last year, and
I might use it again next semester.  It worked for the tiny examples
we tried :-)

Does anybody have any experience with Oz?

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.