[plt-scheme] Papers on criticism of Scheme?

From: Stephen Bloch (sbloch at adelphi.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 2 21:32:22 EST 2008

On Nov 2, 2008, at 9:16 PM, Alex Shinn referred to

and wrote:

> Taken as an approach to teaching (i.e. should you teach
> vanilla Scheme or Scheme with some libraries) he has some
> valid points.  Personally I think pattern-matching is vastly
> underused in Scheme programming.

I have a bunch of students right now trying to write

(define (scale-posn num (make-posn x y))
    (make-posn (* num x) (* num y)))

which actually does make sense, but isn't legal Scheme.  Any
likelihood of a Haskell language module coming for DrScheme?  Or a
Scheme dialect with pattern-matching in function headers?

Stephen Bloch
sbloch at adelphi.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.