[plt-scheme] Can subclasses of editor-snips% be saved?

From: Danny Yoo (dyoo at cs.wpi.edu)
Date: Thu May 29 16:04:43 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to implement the serialization protocol for my
editor-snip% subclass, but things aren't working so well.  I can see that
my write method fires off, but when I try reading back, my snipclass is
silent.

I've tried to condense my example as small as I can.  I've put the source
of an 'my-editor-snip' collection here:

     http://hashcollision.org/tmp/my-editor-snip.tar.gz

I've tried to follow the docs on the protocol for serialization. I've
implemented "write" for the snip, "read" for the snipclass, registered all
snips to the snipclass, and registered the snipclass to
(get-the-snip-class-list).

I must still be missing something: what am I missing?  Thanks for any
help!

Posted on the users mailing list.