[plt-scheme] R6RS and read syntax

From: Filipe Cabecinhas (filcab at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 12 19:43:18 EDT 2008

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your replies and fixes in SVN ;-)

On 13 May, 2008, at 00:25, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> I'm puzzled, though, that you're trying to use R6RS library syntax but
> you seem willing to use many PLT-specific features. Why not just write
> in `#lang scheme' syntax instead of `#!r6rs'?

Well. I only wanted regexp-match* (with #rx if it was possible) and
pretty-print, so I thought about using R6RS and only importing those 2
symbols that I needed so it would be portable. But, due to the trouble
I would have converting mlists->lists (or vice-versa) for
interoperability and printing (that file will generate stubs for some
COM functions on the Scheme side), I think I'll follow your advice and
just use #lang scheme.

Thanks for the help,

   - Filipe Cabecinhas

Posted on the users mailing list.