[plt-scheme] Modules/Libraries in MZScheme and R6RS

From: Filipe Cabecinhas (filcab at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 12 16:54:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

On 12 May, 2008, at 13:04, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> I have no good answer so far. It works to write
>
>  (import (srfi \x31;))
>
> but that's crazy.
>
> See also SRFI 97 and the discussion of whether `(srfi 1)' should be
> allowed.

Weird... It works... But it's weird (I guess it's a workaround so it
doesn't parse as a number).
Anyway, there's a bug in DrScheme's syntax highlighter that makes it
treat the ';' as the start of a comment

> Yes, something like that. The "Choose Language" dialog in DrScheme
> lets
> you add paths to search for collections. But you won't be able to
> reach
> "base.scm", exactly. The library reference `(base)' would mean the
> "main.ss" (or "main.sls", etc.) file in the "base" collection, for
> example. But that's the basic idea.

Thanks. Now I just (import (tese base)) and so on.

Now I have another problem.
If I have the following code:
#!r6rs
(import (rnrs)
         (rename (rnrs) [car first] [cdr rest]))
I expected to be able to use first and rest but they're not available
in the module body.

Thanks for the help,

   - Filipe Cabecinhas

Posted on the users mailing list.