[plt-scheme] Scribble for PLaneT packages

From: Dave Gurnell (d.j.gurnell at gmail.com)
Date: Sat May 10 06:38:37 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm writing Scribble documentation for some PLaneT packages and I'm
having trouble with my @defmodule forms.

I'm putting all my documentation in the directory "$PACKAGE_ROOT/doc",
and all my source code is in the directory "$PACKAGE_ROOT". For example:

   /my/home/directory/unlib/list.ss    and
   /my/home/directory/unlib/doc/list.scrbl

I started out trying to use defmodule forms like:

   @defmodule[(planet untyped/unlib/list) #:use-sources ((file "../
list.ss"))]{ etc ... }

When I used "setup-plt -P" to build the documentation on my Mac, the
build process failed because it was looking for "/my/home/directory/
list.ss". I figured this was because setup-plt resolved filenames
relative to the root directory for the package, so I changed the forms
to:

   @defmodule[(planet untyped/unlib/list) #:use-sources ((file
"list.ss"))]{ etc ... }

The docs build fine now for me, but my colleague gets an error on his
Linux machine saying setup-plt can't find "/his/home/directory/list.ss".

Am I doing this wrong or is there some sort of discrepancy?

Cheers,

-- Dave

Posted on the users mailing list.