[plt-scheme] 399: how to get the internal helpdesk browser?

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri May 9 11:21:36 EDT 2008

On May  9, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:
> Yavuz Arkun wrote:
>
> > Indeed, I remember this being a particular bugbear of me until it
> > was fixed in 3.99 series. I was getting distracted by the
> > discordant look of the internal browser and rendered text compared
> > to the rest of my desktop.
>
> It's also discordant for me when I choose Help Desk in 3.99.0.23 and
> get switched to my browser, meaning I have to switch back.

(That's probably some OSX thing, right?  I think that in all other
places, there would be no difference between a new MrEd window and a
new browser window...)

> I'm sure I'll get used to it. Harder to deal with is the loss of
> search capability.  There's no search box in the top level help
> document. The master index is huge and slow to load even though it's
> a local file and I have a fast laptop.

I have a sketch that makes things much faster, and the plan is to work
on getting that in shape now.  I also noticed the problem with many
entries looking exactly identical with no context (or the "provided
from" popup) being visible without using the mouse, and I hope to get
to that too.