[plt-scheme] 399: how to get the internal helpdesk browser?

From: Benjamin L. Russell (dekudekuplex at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 8 05:21:14 EDT 2008

--- On Thu, 5/8/08, Martin DeMello <martindemello at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Eli Barzilay
> <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >  > and I can see no option to invoke the internal
> browser. The best I
> >  > can find in the preferences is to make it open
> in a browser
> >  > instead. How do I get the internal help browser
> back?
> >
> >  The internal browser (Help Desk) is no longer used.
>
> Ah. Shame - it felt nicer than using an external browser,
> somehow,
> though that could just be a psychological thing.

Indeed.  If I may ask, why is it no longer used?  It was like having a personal assistant in DrScheme who is no longer around.  It now feels somehow ... lonely....

SWI-Prolog still has its own built-in internal browser, and WinHugs has its own built-in internal browser as well.  They each have their own styles.  It seems a shame that now DrScheme is reduced to using a generic browser.  Why not just keep the existing internal browser, but allow users to invoke an external one if preferred?

Benjamin L. Russell

Posted on the users mailing list.