[plt-scheme] Running into syntax->datum error trying to build r6rs code

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 4 07:06:43 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Ryan Newton <rrnewton at gmail.com> wrote:
>  As a side note, this model of installing everything in a collections
> directory took a little getting used to.  Perhaps plt-r6rs should simply
> take a -path argument for the root of the r6rs application (like larceny).
> The semantics might be the same as adding the path to PLTCOLLECTS.

This seems wrong, at least for normal PLT Scheme (I have not used
R6RS).  A statement like

  (require (file "foo.ss"))

[or just (require "foo.ss")]

will look for foo.ss in the same directory as the current module.
There is no need for this directory to be in PLTCOLLECTS.

You might find define-runtime-path useful for your application, but it
doesn't sound like you're using modules and collections in the way
they're intended to be used.

Posted on the users mailing list.