[plt-scheme] running mzscheme in 3.99.0.23

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde at uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sat May 3 14:45:11 EDT 2008

I'm trying to figure out how things will change for students when we
move to v400. When I write a program in Beginning Student like

(define (mysqr x) (* x x))
(mysqr 6)

and save it in "test.ss", then run "mzscheme test.ss" on the command
line, nothing is printed out. But if I change the language to Module
(mostly so the metadata goes away), put

#lang scheme/base

at the top of the file, save it as "test2.ss", and run "mzscheme
test2.ss", 36 is printed out. I don't think I would have predicted that,
but I'm sure there's a consistent explanation. What governs what is
printed out, and can I change either of these behaviours? Thanks. --PR

Posted on the users mailing list.