[plt-scheme] v372: Uncollectable Scheme memory (even with sandbox.ss)

From: Eric Kidd (eric.kidd at iml.dartmouth.edu)
Date: Sat May 3 11:46:20 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
>  For the record, we tracked this down to a problem with sharing the
>  output and error port across sandbox invocations.

Our many thanks to Matthew Flatt (for tracking this down) and to Eli
Barzilay (for fixing this in Swindle). Our final solution was to save
and restore the output port handlers, as seen here:

Our in-house Halyard users were delighted. This is already saving them
lots of time on a day-to-day basis, and it will make development of
our next project significantly easier. This fix will be included in
Halyard 0.5.9 early next week. Once again, thank you for your help!

Posted on the users mailing list.