[plt-scheme] HtDP newbie question, 12.4.2

From: Cooke Kelsey (cookekelsey at yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 13:24:53 EDT 2008

Oh right, in order to include all the words I need more than an append.  Here's a function that adds a letter to ALL the words:

(define (add-first-letter first-letter low)
  (cond
    [(empty? (rest low)) (list (cons first-letter low))]
    [else (cons (cons first-letter (list (first low))) (add-first-letter first-letter (rest low)))]))

  ;example:
(add-first-letter 'X (list 'A 'T 'E 'Y 'W 'Z))  ;result:
  (list (list 'X 'A) (list 'X 'T) (list 'X 'E) (list 'X 'Y) (list 'X 'W) (list 'X 'Z))

  That was a lot more complicated than I thought.  I guess that should be a helper function.

  However, when I try to make a main function (insert-in-single-word) that calls add-first-letter, I end up going around in the same circle as before.