[plt-scheme] [3m]: spurious debugging output?

From: Andrew Reilly (andrew-scheme at areilly.bpc-users.org)
Date: Thu Mar 27 01:22:35 EDT 2008

Hi Matthias,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 08:10:42AM -0400, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> I couldn't reproduce this with a drscheme downloaded early afternoon
> (eastern). Could you describe what you did after you started drscheme?

Hmm.  Open Recent files... Pick top-level program file.  Press
Run button.

Weirdness doesn't happen for, but does for .20.

Trying it again, now, I find that the Check Syntax button
produces the same debug output, but does so in a console window,
after the following warning:
WARNING: open-input-file: cannot open input file: "/Users/andrew/Library/PLT Scheme/" (No such file or directory; errno=2)
That's probably something different...

I'll see if I can whittle down a minimal example that
demonstrates the problem....

OK, this seems to demonstrate the same sort of output (for both
Check Syntax and Run), without extraneous dependencies:

#lang scheme

(define (data-set d)
     ((list 'param (list-no-order (list 'row row) (list 'col col) (list 'value value) _ ...))
      (list row col value))
     ((list 'path (list-no-order (list 'relative rel) _ ...) path)
      (list rel path))
     ((list 'string (list-no-order (list 'id id) _ ...) s)
      (list id s)))

That example runs with no output (since nothing is actually
being called, just defined) in, but produces some
list output in

Before getting this far, I was worried about some of the
libraries that I was require'ing.  My main worry is xml/main.ss,
since that doesn't seem to be documented in the 3.99 series.  I
hope it doesn't go away: it's very useful.  Doesn't seem to be a
problem in this instance, though.

Posted on the users mailing list.