[plt-scheme] calling scheme_apply from pthread

From: Chongkai Zhu (czhu at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 26 23:55:22 EDT 2008

My only guess is that you forgot to read
http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/372/html/insidemz/insidemz.html#node_toc_node_sec_8.2
, i.e., call SCHEME_USE_FUEL which allows MzScheme to swap in another
Scheme thread to run. But you might provide more information, for
example, what does "(thread f)" return?

Chongkai

Vijay Mathew wrote:
> The real problem I am facing is this:
>
> I have written an extension for the fltk gui toolkit.
> When I try to create a thread from the GUI using (thread callback),
> the thread just refuse to get created. I don't know why. So I was
> trying to implement my own threading framework using pthreads. Now
> that hit this problem. Which are the various scenarios where the call
> to (thread f) does not work?
>
> thanks again for your help.
>
> -- Vijay
>

> On 3/26/08, *Chongkai Zhu* <czhu at cs.utah.edu
> <mailto:czhu at cs.utah.edu>> wrote:
>
>     I was once bothered by the same question. My workaround is to turn the
>     whole program into MzScheme Extension instead of Embedding
>     MzScheme into
>     a C Program. Then I use MzScheme thread instead of pthread. Maybe you
>     can try the same?
>
>     Chongkai

Posted on the users mailing list.