[plt-scheme] The affect of statically typed languages…

From: Aleks Bromfield (aleks at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 26 02:16:56 EDT 2008

I think this article sums up my opinions on the MBTI:

http://www.gladwell.com/2004/2004_09_20_a_personality.html

Many published studies on personality are based on the five factor
model:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_personality_traits

A model is no good unless it's predictive. The five factor model tries
to answer this question: what are the independent variables (traits)
that determine someone's personality? Based on this, we can make (and
verify) claims like "openness to new experiences is positively
correlated with level of education", or "agreeableness is negatively
correlated with the rate of divorce".

The MBTI groups people into "types". The problem is, there's so much
variance within any given type that it's virtually impossible to make
any useful predictions.

~ Aleks