[plt-scheme] Re: MysterX and arrays/vectors

From: Filipe Cabecinhas (filcab at gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 17:54:23 EDT 2008

On 25 Mar, 2008, at 21:44, Paul A. Steckler wrote:

> What might be nice is a Scheme function that offers a hint how to
> convert Scheme data to COM-speak.  Something like:
>
>  (as-com-type 'vt_r8 3.14)
>
> would allow you to override the default marshalling.  Left as an
> exercise
> for the reader. :-)
>
> -- Paul

Yes, I already thought about that but it's quite a bit non-tranparent.
I would prefer to tell Scheme I would like the object to be a Scheme
single-float and make MysterX just play along.

I think I'll try the SRFI-4 idea first. If it doesn't work I'll try to
take your idea. Is there any good documentation around about the
internals of MzScheme, and how it works? I've only been hacking a bit
by looking at MysterX's source code and some headers. Now I need to
see how define-struct-defined structures are organized so I can take a
peek at them in the C++-side of MysterX, because SRFI-4 vectors are
structs.

Thanks for the help

   - Filipe Cabecinhas

Posted on the users mailing list.